Wishing you a Radiant, Healthy and Active Holiday
In lieu of traditional holiday cards we donated $500 to a non-profit organization in your honor. This year we chose Full Circle Exchange. They empower under-served women to rise above poverty.
In their thank-you email, they related that the full donation went toward empowering one of the women from their Job Readiness Training Program to move toward self-sufficiency through hands on production work and training. Thank you to the patients and staff of Thrive Physical Therapy for making this contribution possible!
Reflecting Back, Looking Forward
I’m not great at making or keeping New Years Resolutions, but I do love reflecting back on the year. It’s fascinating to me to see what’s changed. Furthermore, it’s interesting to see how many changes were planned and how many were unexpected!
Highlights from 2018:
- We started a blog! We hope you’re enjoying it. We’re always looking for new topics, please let us know if there’s anything you want to learn more about.
- Added 26 private staff training videos to our YouTube channel (for a total of 84 training videos)
- Added 2 public videos to our YouTube channel (hit the Subscribe button!).
- Had our first staff member go through orientation and training utilizing the new videos.
- Kim Kutzner PT, DPT attended a course called The Neuro-Science of Pain. WHOA…the information she brought back from that course continues to spark discussions among us on a weekly basis! In a nutshell, there’s a lot of new information about why pain persists past the acute stage. The holistic approach that we as therapists and you as patients have to take to get rid of it is a great future challenge. We’re ready to take it on, if you are! This will definitely be a blog topic in 2019.
- Ali Lubbers PT, DPT attended a cervical spine manual therapy continuing education course. She also took a Clinical Instructor training course and is looking forward to mentoring her first PT student starting in March 2019.
- Jody Thatcher PT, MPT attended a Myofascial Release continuing education course.
- We updated Thrive Physical Therapy’s Mission Statement.
Coming in 2019:
- Patient Portal…….coming soon! We don’t know the exact date yet, but this is going to be a game changer for all of us. You’ll be able to complete forms, schedule certain types of appointments and pay your bill, all ONLINE.
- We’re in the final stages of training to be the first point of contact for patients experiencing benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). This is the sensation of the room spinning after moving your head. We don’t plan to treat all causes of vertigo or dizziness (there are specialists for that). But, we hope to be the first and last provider you need to see if this condition strikes.
- In 2019 we’ll be in the testing stage of our new Annual Check-up! You go to your family doctor, eye doctor and dentist for yearly check-ups. Did you know that your musculo-skeletal system needs a yearly check-up too? If you’d like to be one of our guinea pigs during the testing stage before the program goes live, please contact Jody right away firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A more user-friendly and responsive website.
Wishing you an abundant and joyful holiday,
Ali, Stacey, Olivia, Jody, Leisa and Kim
(left to right)
If there are affiliate links on this page, we may earn a small commission on qualified purchases. We only endorse products that we trust or have used. We hope you find value in our recommendations and utilize the provided links to purchase.Disclaimer